We are called by Spirit. We are transformed by service. We seek freedom for all souls.
We believe that…
- there are many paths to God expressed in the great religions.
- truth can be found everywhere and faith is always evolving.
- wisdom can be found in both religion and science.
- God does not damn anyone. We create our own heaven and hell.
- salvation can be found by anyone here and now on earth.
- we become one with God through selfless service.
- the soul is eternal.
The conscience of Free Souls Congregation is rooted in the prophetic call, which we will seek to manifest in our personal lives, in community engagement, and in the socio-political arena. We are infused with this liberating teaching of the prophets Isaiah and Jesus:
To be people of the Spirit who,
- proclaim good news to the poor,
- proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind,
- set the oppressed free,
- embody universal love, acceptance and hope.
Free Souls DNA
- Mission is first, always.
- Change to meet our mission is a given, and is the only constant.
- Community is not a goal in and of itself. Community flows naturally when we are engaged in meaningful service and discipleship.
- We will practice excellence in all things.
- We will engage in radical generosity.
- We will reproduce missional communities.
Imagine a Congregation
- that is guided by Spirit.
- that honors the universal truth in all religions.
- that welcomes women and men of all cultures, races, economic levels, and sexual orientations into full participation in the church.
- that practices selfless service as a path to God.
- that works in tangible ways for social justice.
- that seeks freedom for all souls.
We would love to have you with us!